SyncNotes helps you keep you important snippets of information at your fingertips, always.
SyncNotes allows you to easily store, retrieve and even communicate small pieces of textual information. The SyncNotes System consists of a desktop software that allows you to put up virtual sticky notes on your screen, a web based system that synchronizes all notes from your PC(s) and a WAP based interface to view and add notes when you are on the go.
The SyncNotes Desktop Client: The SyncNotes client is a windows application that allows you to create and manage notes on your desktop computer. The online notes and the local notes store are synchronized periodically every time your computer connects to the Internet. You can put up notes on your desktop, make them stay always on top so that you don''t forget your important reminders; you can even make the notes translucent!
The NoteBox: The NoteBox is where all your notes are stored online, allowing you to the synchronized notes using any web browser just by accessing your SyncNotes.com account. This is also where you log into for getting a clear list view of all your notes, making it easier for cleaning up your notes, archiving them etc.
SyncNotes Mobile: The SyncNotes Mobile Interface allows you to view, add, edit, or send notes using any internet enabled device, that supports WAP or XHTML, for example your mobile phone, your Pocket PC™ or any other PDA. This also makes SyncNotes a more cost efficient way of sending messages than SMS, as the recipient need not have a mobile phone to receive your message.
» version 1.3 - posted on 2005-05-30
EULA - End User License Agreement
SyncNotes END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
THE SOFTWARE IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT LAWS AND INTERNATIONAL COPYRIGHT TREATIES, AS WELL AS OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS AND TREATIES. THE SOFTWARE IS LICENSED, NOT SOLD.
(1) Cynapse grants you the right to install and use a copy of this Software on a single computer. A license for the Software may NOT be shared or used concurrently on different computers.
(2) You may copy the Software ONLY for backup and archival purposes.
2. License Restrictions
(1) You may NOT modify, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble or otherwise attempt to reconstruct or discover the source code of the Software, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
(2) You may NOT rent, lease, or lend the Software.
(3) This license is for your personal use only. You may NOT permit other individuals to use the private domain or the internal database functionality of the Software.
(4) You are NOT allowed to offer services, which are based on this Software and stand in competition to the SyncNotes service under http://www.syncnotes.com.
(1) If this copy of the Software is an upgrade from an earlier version of the Software, it is provided to you on a license exchange basis. You agree by your installation and use of this copy of the Software to voluntarily terminate your earlier EULA and that you will not continue to use the earlier version of the Software or transfer it to another person or entity.
4. NO WARRANTY
(1) THE SOFTWARE AND ANY RELATED DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. CYNAPSE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. CYNAPSE MAKES NO WARRANTY, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THIS SOFTWARE FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT REMAINS WITH YOU. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
(1) CYNAPSE SHALL NOT IN ANY CASE BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE -OR THE INABILITY TO USE- OF THE SOFTWARE. THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO THE LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF PROFIT, EVEN IF CYNAPSE WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
(1) The license will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the limitations described herein. On termination, you must destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation.
(1) This EULA shall be governed by the laws of the India, without giving effect to principles of conflict of laws. The place of jurisdiction is Mumbai, India.
(2) If any provision if this Agreement shall be held illegal, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, such provision shall be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable, and the legality, validity and enforceability of all other provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby.